The following is derived from the Hellenic Comunity of Western Australia's Constitution. You can view the full Constitution here.
This is our mission and our reasons for establishment:
2.1 To ensure the promotion of the religious, moral and intellectual education and learning of the members of the Community and all persons of Greek Orthodox Faith and/or Greek origin and without in any way limiting the generality of the foregoing:
1. To preserve and maintain the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of Saints Constantine and Helene and maintain the fixtures, fittings, and ornaments therein and thereof.
2. The official address of the Bishop for the District of Western Australia shall always be attached to the Cathedral of Saints Constantine and Helene.
3. To encourage proper holy services conducted by the duly appointed clergy.
4. To promote the teaching of the Greek language and the catechism and dogma of the Greek Orthodox Faith to children and generally to all members of the Greek Orthodox Faith and/or persons of Greek origin.
5. To establish, maintain and repair churches, schools or other buildings of the Community as may become necessary from time to time.
2.2 To render such assistance as the Community shall think fit for the promotion of the welfare and the relief of persons of Greek origin and/or Greek Orthodox Faith in necessitous, circumstances and without limiting the generality of the foregoing whether such circumstances are caused by social or psychological problems, old age, poverty, illness, disease or otherwise.
2.3 To do and perform all acts, matters and things as are charitable and/or benevolent purposes having public benefit.
2.4 To conduct, promote, give or support social entertainments of all kinds and raise funds by all means for the benefit of the members of the Community and other persons for charitable and/or benevolent purposes having public benefit.
2.5 To assist the integration of migrants of Greek origin and/or Greek Orthodox Faith into the Australian Community.
2.6 To work in consultation and cooperation with any government authority (whether Federal, State or Local) or other authority for the purpose of providing welfare facilities or assistance for persons of Greek origin and/or Greek Orthodox Faith and for that purpose to provide suitable office accommodation and other facilities to enable social workers and/or officers appointed by the Community to work in circumstances appropriate to the task.
2.7 To preserve and maintain the Greek culture and community spirit and promote a closer relationship amongst the members of the Community.
2.8 To promote and maintain a closer friendship between the members of the Community and other Australians generally and for that purpose to support any national, patriotic or community purpose.
2.9 To promote and support sporting, educational, cultural and religious and other groups comprised of youth of Greek origin and/or Greek Orthodox Faith.
2.10 To do all such acts, matters and things as are necessary or incidental to the promotion of the aforementioned objects.
2.11 The assets and income of the Community shall be applied solely in furtherance of its above-mentioned objectives and no portion shall be distributed directly or indirectly to the members of the Community except as bonafide compensation for services rendered or expenses incurred on behalf of the Community.